John Reed Fox:
If you want to have the hand skills that it takes to do this, you have to do it a lot. There’s just no other way. You have to spend a lot of time at it. The way to learn how to cut dovetails is to cut dovetails. The way you learn how to sharpen is to sharpen.
Rather than being intimidated by this, I think there’s comfort in the fact that practice is all it takes.
It is completely worth the six minutes it takes to watch the accompanying video, and listen to John Reed Fox talk about his work. I would love to meet him someday. My one link with John Reed Fox is that he made the body of the plane I used to illustrate the set up of a Japanese plane.
7 Notes/ Hide
- thanksandgoodluck likes this
- moustachioed reblogged this from giantcypress and added:
- lanthorn likes this
- em likes this
- applepieedgar reblogged this from giantcypress
- deasisguitarras likes this
- wyckoffwoodworks likes this
- giantcypress posted this